Friday, May 20, 2011

Ticks

A few weeks ago it was thick with ticks out in the yard. I would pick off 5 or 6 in the time i took me to smoke a cigarette. Then it cooled off and was wet and they had seemed to have dissapated. And the last two days I had only found a few ticks on my clothes so it wasent a big deal.

Well now im a little worried.

I just found 2 ticks on me. Both had biten me. Im not very good at ID'ing things.

The first tick I found was attached to my bicep. Obviously had only been there for a few hours or less. I am pretty sure its just your average wood wick but.... I dont know. Even if it is a deer tick apparently it takes 24 hours for the tick to be attached for the bacteria that causes Lyme's Disease to be transferred.
I put him in a nyquil cough syrup cup to give you an idea how big it is.




The second tick however, is what worries me. Its tiny. I actually thought it was just a new freckle. (i seem to get new freckles/moles almost daily). But then I realized it wasent a freckle.


Yes, that little black dot on the q-tip is a tick.




I have no idea what kind of tick it is. All i know is it was more difficult to get off than the bigger tick. And there is an obvious sign of irritation to the area. I dont have a picture of the bite because its in a location i would rather not be sharing with the world.

I guess my only option is to wait. See if anything changes by Monday and go to the doctor.

And as I was typing this post, I found a 3rd tick.

Im guessing the wildflowers I brought in to ID brought little friends.....

No comments:

Post a Comment