Thursday, May 19, 2011

A Good Day Part II: Native Plants and the marsh

I have only been interested in native plants since i moved back here to Minnesota. And after last summer I am glad that i can recognize a few native plants at various stages by sight alone. Last year I had to carry books around with me.

EDIT: (may 23 2011) This is not Waterleaf i was mistaken. Not sure what it is called. But it will have pink flowers if i remember correctly.

Wild Geranium. I transplanted two of these last summer from another area of the marsh. Only one seems to have survived.



 Spotted Touch Me Not

 A Squirrel came to investigate what I was up to.

And then he jumped away after i took his picture.



The water level in the marsh has not been this high since I was a kid. The path i usually take to get to the area behind the assited living apartments is flooded.



  Its nice that the marsh is finally turning green.

Sort of pretty sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment