Thursday, May 5, 2011

Early Over Due

This afternoon I was doing my normal routine, coffee & a smoke on the back deck hanging with the chipmunk when i noticed something down by the marsh. Im actually surprised I even recognized it as being a bird and not a log or something. So I grabbed the binoculars and discovered it was a Green Heron hunting along the shore line. Unfortunately it was in a location where i wouldnt be able to get a clear shot and I was much to far away. I went down for a closer look but a person walking flushed the bird away from me and I also had to go do some non bird watching related things. So I was excited that a Green Heron has come back to the marsh year but was sad i couldnt get a picture of it.

Then in the last hour I got a real treat. I at least got to try and take some pictures of a Green Heron and also came to find out there are at least 4 that were hanging around the marsh this evening. Hopefully Ill get some better pictures and video.
I have decided not to share the video at this time. The wind blowing totally blocked out the Green Herons squaks.

Here is a photo of the Magnolia Tree. (forget what kind exactly, some crazy hybrid that can survive our winters.)

Close up of the flowers.



And two pictures of a Great Blue Heron I took sometime this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment