Friday, May 20, 2011

The Garden

So I finally got around to planting some things. I put in 7 mounds of potatos this week. Which is half as many as i did last year. I went and bought some tomato plants and an Eggplant and put them in the ground today. I pulled up the last of the parsnips and they are being cooked on the grill as I am typing this. I also started hoeing and raking out the terrace beds. I think I may just grow Acorn Squash in the terrace this year. I need to get the trellis netting up for the cucumbers before I can plant the seedlings. I plan on putting some beets in the ground in the next few days.

I am dissapointed I dont have as much time to grow as much veggies as I did last year. But with the spring being as slow as its been I may somehow find time to put more seeds in the ground than I am anticipating right now.

Had a fun day hauling woodchips and digging in the dirt even in the light rain we have been having.

Other than that nothing stands out as being note worthy animal wise today.

No comments:

Post a Comment