Wednesday, April 28, 2010

A few pictures

Just down the path along the marsh I found a bunch of wild native Columbine plants. The area was mostly mowed down last fall underneath the power lines (like they did on the hill behind my yard). Id say about 1 in 3 of the Columbine in that area have blooms on them. They are doing much better than the Columbine I have in the yard as none of mine have blooms. Im thinking that my Columbine are getting too much sun. Anywho here's some pictures.  I am so tempted to dig up some and add them to my yard but I will hold myself back, as the plants are the only native wild flowers I have found in the area that haven't been planted by a human hand.

This Columbine is not in my yard, but I sure wish it was.

Here is a Squirrel that has taken up residence in one of the wood duck houses down by the marsh.
White Throated Sparrow
Jack In the Pulpit (in my yard)
I believe this is Jacobs Ladder (in my yard)
And last, today after i weeded the paths in the middle garden bed I decided to move all the bricks that were being used as a border and set them down as a walking path. I know I should level and put sand down and get all the weeds out of the holes before its considered done, but it looks a hell of a lot better than it did before with just dirt walkways.

No comments:

Post a Comment