Monday, April 12, 2010

Garden Update

This weekend was wonderfull for getting some work done out in the yard and garden. I planted 12 potatos as well as put some cabbage, beets, lettuce, parsnips, swiss chard seeds in the ground. I dug out more compost and filled in the newly extended vegetable bed (where i planted the seeds). Next on  the list is to fill in the last vegetable bed with compost and get that started as well. This weekend I decided to make a screen so i can get some nice fine soil from the compost without all the sticks and other debris in it. Im pretty sure ill get enough soil out of there that we wont need to buy any potting soil this year.

Cabbage, Beets, lettuce, parsnips and swiss chard bed. I have put down marigold seeds as a border along the fence. And once its warm enough my eggplants will be put in the back right corner.
The screen I made.
Rhododenron ( i think) first bloom
The little Magnolia we planted last year is blooming.
The big Magnolia ( i believe is 4-5 yrs old now) blooming.
I think its funny how these Magnolias bloom without having any leaves.

The Trellis netting just arrived in the mail today so I need to get that up. Here is the most recent photo of the trellis area.

I'm headed back outside there will be a second update this evening with wildlife pictures as well as the newest image of the crater I put in the compost pile.

No comments:

Post a Comment