Thursday, April 15, 2010

The Backyard

Pretty much everything is budding out now, even the Wisteria on the deck has a few green buds on the vines. Here's some pictures of the yard, it looks kind of messy still but once things fill back in it should look great!

Here is a before and nearly done after shot of the last vegetable bed I am filling in with compost.

I plan to plant brocolli, beans, peas in the rows. Then put some spinach by the trellis, and okra at the far fence perpendicular to the rows.

 On the left of the photo is my grandpas very old cold frame that I wanted to use but is so rotted I think ill just make a new one.

This bed is all hostas which have really emerged with all the rain this week.

The "wild" Geraniums in the bottom right look great already.

I need to finish raking out the leaves in the beds.

I am kind of worried about my moms roses. Quite of few of them looked like they didnt make it this year. Also you can kind of make out that the plum trees have buds on them, i cant wait for them to bloom.

The rhubarb is comming up very nicely this year.

And this is in one of the beds, but I am not sure what it is since it has no tag by it. Nice looking though.

And I almost forgot. Here is what my plants i started indoors look like now. Not so sickly and little anymore.
There is oregano, cilantro, 11 pepper plants, oregano, parsley.

6 tomatos, 2 loofah gourds, 7 Eggplant, oregano. I also have a New England Aster and a Columbine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment