Monday, April 5, 2010

Spring Time



Well spring is here. The past week has been amazing with temps in the 70's. We even had our first thunderstorm this week! It was nice to hear some thunder and see flashes of lightening since last summer we had very few good thunderstorms.

The garden is coming along nicely. Im planning out what i am going to plant where. And this year i am going to try growing some potatoes so we'll see how that works out.

Heres some pictures i took this week.

The first Blue Heron of the year (or it could be an egret)
An Egret. There are two of them feeding in the marsh today.
One of the Chickadees who are trying to make a nest in a plum tree.
I am not sure but I think this is an Eastern Wood-Pewee


And lastly a blurry picture of a bat. Which i was stunned to see them out every night this week but it has been warm enough. I wish I knew what kind of bats lived around here but I have yet to get close enough to figure it out.
I also saw a deer in the yard a few nights ago and a raccoon keeping it company. I saw a fox across the marsh with some binocs this week. And yesterday I found my first big fat toad.

1 comment:

  1. I love the picture of the chickadee in the plum tree. Nesting in a natural cavity looks so much better than the birdboxes I put up for the bluebirds. Yes, the boxes have a place, but I like the natural look.

    ReplyDelete