Monday, December 21, 2009

Squirrels

Well all the grey squirrels are pretty active today. All of them seem to be focused on the same task, collect as many leaves to line their nests. I wonder if that means we are going to get alot of snow. Theres something headed this way on the radar.



(gif from noaa.gov)

Anyway the squirrels are always fun to watch, its just too bad i cant be outside and watch them, they have become very unsure of me now that its been cold out. In the summer they didnt mind me standing on the deck, now they climb up into their nest and watch me. They also didnt mind me walking through the yard, they would just stay on the other side of the flower beds, now they run off to the neighbors yard or up in the trees. Makes me sad, but i understand they are focused on survival and now isnt the time to risk anything.



No comments:

Post a Comment