Monday, December 7, 2009

First Post

In the last year i have moved back in with my parents in the house i spent most of my childhood growing up in. The one thing that has kept me somewhat sane is that my backyard is full of wild animals and i can spend hours just sitting outside watching the activity.

I intend to post pictures in this blog to try and better document the animal life i see.


Here is a short list of animals that are regular visitors in my yard and when they have been seen:

1. Grey Squirrel - (all year)
2. Red Squirrels - (all year)
3. Chipmonks (minnesota gopher)- (all year)
4. White Tailed Deer- (all year)
5. Wild Turkeys - (all year)
6. Opossum - (spring/summer)
7. Northern Flying Squirrel - (all year)
8. Cotton Tail Rabbits - (all year)
9. Grey Fox - (summer)
10. Red Fox - (fall)
11. Pileated Woodpeckers - (all year)
12. Common Flicker - (fall/winter)
13. Northern Hawk-Owl- (spring/summer)
14. Broadwinged Hawk - (spring/summer)
15. Bald Eagle - (spring/summer/fall and as recently as Novemeber 24th 2009)

There's a good starter list of what unexpected visitors i have seen in my backyard.

No comments:

Post a Comment