Sunday, December 20, 2009

Great Horned Owl

So about 30 mins ago I went out on my back deck for a smoke and saw an owl fly from one of the trees nearest to my deck to a tree in my neighbors yard, i guess i surprised it. So i grabbed my binoculars and tried to locate its shape amongst the branches, which didn't work out i couldn't find it. But i did hear it hooting. So after 10 or so mins listening to its call i came in to look online for what kind of owl it could be based on the call i heard. Well it seems it was a Great Horned Owl making a pair call. Pretty neat though! i wish i could have gotten a good look at it. It would of been super awesome to get a picture of it but its too dark out.


Here's a link to a page with great horned owl info and calls.
http://www.owlpages.com/owls.php?genus=Bubo&species=virginianus

No comments:

Post a Comment