Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Went for a walk

I went for a walk today in the Ramsey Count Open Space on the NW corner of Snail Lake. Its a nice area but pretty much void of any native wild flowers (that I could identify). I saw some deer and found a hawk feather.
Then I walked the short trail next to the community center. Its changed a lot since I was a kid. They put airation pumps in the pond (it did need it it used to be just a pool of algea) but along the trail it looks like its been thinned out a bit, and some kids made a lil fort out of sticks. We used to make forts in this area s kids but put them back farther off the trail where you would never had known they were there.
I did find some neat mushroom and what I thought was a kind of Solomons Seal but I think may actually be Convallaria majalis (European Lily-of-the-valley)

Heres the mushroom I found.
Today otherwise was the average wet rainy cold day.

No comments:

Post a Comment