Monday, May 17, 2010

Bird Hike at AHATS

 This photo was taken at the highest natural point in Ramsey County. You can see all the way to Minneapolis.

Yesterday May 16th I went on a 3hr bird hike at the Arden Hills Army Training Site. I was really excited to get to walk around in an area that is off limits to civilians most of the year.Here's some photos from there.
A Trumpeter Swan

Red-tailed Hawk


Northern Oriole


Wild Lupine (native)


Tree Swallow


Prairie Smoke (native)

And now for some other pictures from yesterday afternoon.

I found a swarm of ants.

Virginia Waterleaf (native)

The first bon fire of the season.


Yesterday afternoon I saw the first Grey Tree Frog of the year. It was nearly dark out so i didnt get a picture.
I also think I saw a Double-crested Cormorant. I dont remember ever seeing a bird like that around here ever. I'm going to keep an eye out for it hopefully I will have my camera with me then.


And here's one of the baby squirrels. They are already pretty big and started climbing out of the nest this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment