Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Garden

Today i dug down into our massive leaf pile. We have piled leaves in this location of our yard since we moved into this house in 1992. I had to move about 3ft of leaf matter to get down to the compost. Then i dug out about a 4ft long hole about 2ft deep and started filling in the terraces. Its hard but worthwhile work. I had a robin watching me for a good portion of the afternoon. I tried to entice it by throwing big juicy worms its way but it didnt pick up any.




Heres a picture of the seedlings i started a bit too early. Ill be surprised if they make it much longer since some mold started growing on the surface. I kept them a little too wet last week i guess.


And yesterday this hawk let me take its picture. It was sitting in a branch right above my new garden addition. I think its a broad-winged hawk.

No comments:

Post a Comment