Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Blackburnian Warbler

Today was a surprise day off. Woke up at 6am to get ready for work only to get called that my shift has been canceled. So I planted some eggplant, green and yellow peppers and some swiss chard. I went and ran some errands and it started sprinkling when I got back so I decided to bird watch from the deck.

I noticed this lil black and white bird with a splash of orange and figured it to be a Blackburnian Warbler. I tried playing its call and it would respond but not move any closer. After about 15 mins of that i stopped and just assumed either it had flown away or would be back shortly. I then heard it calling again and it slowly moved closer to the branches above the deck.

Its a very pretty bird. I think Warblers are my new favorite.

Blackburnian Warbler






No comments:

Post a Comment