Monday, May 27, 2013

A good weekend

Having the past two days off from work allowed me to get some yard work done. I got a few things planted but there is still lots to do.

I sent the pictures of the dead bird I found to the Bell Museum. They identified it as a Yellow Warbler but did not want the bird because it was not in good enough condition.

I saw a few American Redstarts yesterday



Yellow Warbler


 


Looking at the photos again, I think this is actually a Wilsons Warbler.

Common Yellowthroat


Racoon

Scat with bones and fur (not sure what animals scat this is)




Red Squirrel

This was a surprise today, a Common Nighthawk. I heard its "peent" call and decided to look for it. For such a stationary bird taking its photo was quite difficult.




Mallards

Catbirds


Rabbit

No comments:

Post a Comment