Thursday, April 14, 2011

Swans and other visitors

A day or so ago i was out on the deck haveing a cup of coffee enjoying the morning when i heard a trumpet like noise. And guess who decided to stop by the marsh. A pair of swans. I guess they are tundra swans if i am correct. Cant remember exactly what kind of swan has been known to nest over in the lake on Lexington.


Today I was out on the deck having some coffee paging through a birdwatchers book and looked up to see this Racoon in the yard. 
he had been grooming himself in a tree but when i went in for my camera he dicded to relocate to my neighbors yard. 

Only got a few somewhat decent shots of him. The wind picked up for a second and blew the shed door open making alot of noise. So i went to close it and he climbed into the hole of the tree. 

Went down to the marsh edge and got a closer photo of a Great White Egret. 
 The other day I went to the North end of Snail Lake looking for the pair of Turkeys. The Tom turkey made alot of noise but didnt give me a chance to get his picture. I was afraid to follow him around after gobbling at me. 
Luckily before I left a pair of Red Tail Hawks gave me a chance to get some decent photos.


And here is a really bad photo of a Common Flicker





No comments:

Post a Comment