Monday, April 15, 2013

A chubby bird (Hermit Thrush)

So spring is well not really happening here in Minnesota. I feel bad for the birds and animals because with the recent snow and cold temps food is scarce for any migrants returning.

But yesterday I saw a chubby bird perched in a small tree in the yard not too far from the deck.
I am currently unsure what kind of bird it is. My first guess was a Brown Thrasher (just stuffed with eggs) because it was much larger than a sparrow. But I dont think its a Thrasher because its tail is short and its bill is too short. So maybe its just a very egg-stuffed Sparrow. Or it could be Some kind of Thrush. It did not sing or make any sort of calls when I was watching it.

EDIT: Thanks to penelope11 on reddit for the help. Seems it could be a Hermit Thrush.

Hopefully I will figure out what it is. Here are some pictures (sorry they are not the best quality).










No comments:

Post a Comment