Monday, July 18, 2011

Persistent spider

So this past friday night i was actually home and was on the deck. I noticed this small spider who had built a web over one side of the deck and picnic table. The next morning/afternoon came out to find no spider or web. Tonight i was on the deck and saw the same spider (significantly larger) building a web in the same general location and waited till it had finished to get a few pictures of it.

I am not certain but i do think it is a Barn Spider (like the one that had built a web in the back deck area last year). I can only assume that it rebuilds the web every night. Either birds, bats or people knock it down by morning.



I will try to take more pictures as it grows. Hopefully it will continue to build the web and nothing will kill it in the meantime.

Here is a picture of a Swallowtail Butterfly on Beebalm

First Spotted Touch me not flower
A few pictures of a Female Ruby Throated Hummingbird

No comments:

Post a Comment