Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Dec 1: Great Horned Owls

I was afraid that if i finally got around to posting today it would be focused on the lack of anything to post. But just in the last 10 mins, i stepped outside and immediately heard 2 owls hooting. I am fairly certain it was the hooting of Great Horned Owls. It only last for a min or two but its better then nothing. I had been waiting to hear owls at night since mid october.

There is still the problem of lack of updates. the usual suspects have been seen around. Nuthatches, Downy Woodpeckers, Hairy Woodpeckers, Chickadees, Blue Jays and Crows. The Grey Squirrels are always around, and at least 1 bunny around. There are two sets of tracks i havent been able to ID, i will upload photos later.
I am wondering what happened to our Red Squirrels. I haven't seen them in weeks, and haven't heard their agitated chirps in the area either. I guess they found someplace nicer to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment