Saturday, February 6, 2010

Great Horned Owls

Well the owls are definitely across the marsh tonight. I cant see them but I sure can hear them. And this time I am certain there is 2 of them. I am sure its a male and a female since one call is significantly deeper than the other. The owls are hooting continuously and pretty much hooting over each other. I want to go out on the ice and look for them but i know (from past experience) that i am likely a)not to see them at all and they will stop hooting or b) i will see them but only as they fly to a new perch farther away from me. I wish there were a way to let the animals know i am not here to hurt you or compete for food i just want to watch you do your thing. I hope the animals will return to be unafraid (or maybe they were somehow just unaware of me) as they were this summer. Where i could work in the garden or just sit in the yard and be within 10-15 yards (and sometimes less) of rabbits, hawks, squirrels, turkey, deer and foxes. I know that for their safety they should be uneasy of us humans, but I wish they could know that I am different, I have no want or need to cause them harm.

No comments:

Post a Comment